Our green chile waffles break all the rules. But that’s okay. Because, boy are they good! You may be wondering, are they a sweet dish or a savory dish? This question is debated around our breakfast table by guests and staff alike. While these waffles are savory, most of our guests add maple syrup and take delight in the perfect, crunchy, mixed bite of savory, sweet, and spicy. Plus, you can add a dollop of Avocado Lime Crema! Eggs on top or on the side is a personal decision. However you choose to eat them, we hope you enjoy this easy green chile waffle recipe for a sweet and savory brunch this winter!
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups corn meal
- 1-tablespoon baking powder
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1-teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup chopped roasted green chile
- First, combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Next, mix wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients.
- Then, fold in cheese and green chile; do not to over mix. The batter to be slightly lumpy.
- Heat waffle iron and pour about 1/2 cup batter for each waffle.
- Keep waffles warm in 200°F oven, if desired.
- Finally, top with egg, maple syrup, and or Avocado Lime Crema (optional)
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
You must try this green chile waffle recipe for a sweet and savory brunch. Once you have, let us know what you think! Of course, when you book a stay at Inn of the Turquoise Bear, you’ll be able to enjoy our Sante Fe breakfast each morning without any of the work! What’s more, we can accommodate your dietary preferences by providing vegetarian, vegan, and gluten- or dairy-free options. Just let us know at the time of booking. Book now. Meanwhile, be sure to check out our other popular recipes here.