One of our winter staples and a guest favorite, our pumpkin ginger waffles make for a delicious treat in the morning or any time of day. Enjoy a taste of The Bear at home with this delightful waffle recipe.
Total Time: 30 min
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted
- butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and toss with crystallized ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Combine with flour mixture. Stir in butter and fold in reserved crystallized-ginger mixture. Do not overmix.
- Heat a waffle iron and make waffles, using about 1/2 cup batter per each one. Keep warm in a 200°F oven, if desired.
Still looking for more decadent dishes to create at home? Check out more recipes straight from the Turquoise Bear kitchen.