Guests at the Inn enjoy fresh house-baked treats daily in the living room. Friday is Pie-Day at our Santa Fe bed and breakfast. A guest favorite is our Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Chess Pie with an all butter crust. It is an easy dessert recipe, only taking minutes to put together (once you have the crust made and prepped). Very handy to use a stand mixer because you can simply add the ingrediants one at time to the running mixer. Enjoy one of our Friday favorites!
- 1 single pie crust
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (or more)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine melted butter and chocolate chips until chips are melted. Handy to have stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
- Add sugar, cornmeal, salt, and eggs and cream mixture.
- Stir in bourbon, vanilla & pecans until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, turning pie at 30 minutes. Pie is done with a dark golden brown crust forms on top and the filling is set.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.