As fall arrives, the golden aspen leaves paint the hills a glowing shade of gold, and the colors are as crisp as the cool autumn air. Admiring the stunning foliage is just the start of the many experiences waiting for you in Santa Fe this season. We have handcrafted this 3-day itinerary, so you can sit back and enjoy every moment of your trip. Whether you’re looking for a romantic escape or fun girlfriends’ getaway, our historic bed and breakfast is perfect for an unforgettable vacation in New Mexico this fall.
- Enjoy the sights on your journey here as you travel through the Land of Enchantment.
- Arrive at our adobe estate and get settled in to your luxurious guest room.
- Explore the property and gardens while eating homemade treats during our refreshment hour.
- Our city is a foodie’s paradise, so you will have no trouble finding a place for dinner. However, you might have trouble choosing among the many highly-acclaimed restaurants! For traditional New Mexican cuisine, we recommend making reservations at La Choza, the locals’ favorite!
- Try some unique drinks and earn a few stamps on your Santa Fe Margarita Trail passport! Since you can’t check them all off, we can share a few of our favorite stops, such as Del Charro with their green chile infused Santa Fe Trail Margarita!
- Wake up and join us for a gourmet, multi-course breakfast to fuel up for a full day! Enjoy it in our charming dining room, where you can meet new people and share interesting conversation.
- Start your morning in the Railyard District, a vibrant neighborhood known for its many art galleries. If it’s Tuesday or Saturday, be sure to stop at the Santa Fe Farmer’s Market – just follow the enticing smell of delicious green chiles roasting! At the market you can chat with local vendors, listen to live music, and enjoy some fresh fruit.
- Head to Santa Fe Plaza in our historic downtown. Meander through the heart of our city, where you can relax in the serene park and peruse the one-of-a-kind Native American art and jewelry.
- Walk just a few blocks to indulge at La Boca, a restaurant serving “modern re-inventions of classic Spanish cuisine,” as described by the New York Times.
- Begin the twisting drive along the Santa Fe National Forest Scenic Byway and take in the renowned views of the sea of the golden aspens blanketing the hillside.
- Make a pit stop in Hyde Memorial State Park to hike or bike along the many trails, which are flourishing with wildflowers during this season.
- Continue driving until you arrive at the Santa Fe Ski Basin, where you can take a scenic chairlift ride to get a bird’s eye view of the mountainside through the leaves as they shimmer in the sun.
- After an exciting day, treat yourself to fine dining at Santacafé. Snag a coveted seat in the shaded courtyard or candlelit dining room and prepare your senses for an exquisite culinary experience.
- Return to the Inn and enjoy a glass of wine while you relax by the fireplace or soak in the tub.
- After a restful night’s sleep, savor another bountiful breakfast, but this time enjoy it on our flagstone patio surrounded by fresh herbs and flowers.
- Check out of our charming Inn and be sure to book your next stay with us!
- Get inspired and learn something new at one of the fascinating museums nearby. Visit Museum Hill to appreciate the history, culture, and art.
- Go next door to eat lunch at Museum Hill Café, a lovely eatery with a friendly atmosphere.
- Reminisce on your trip with a leisurely stroll through the impressive array of native plants at the Santa Fe Botanical Gardens.
- Say “see you later” to Santa Fe!
Even with a full schedule each day, there is still so much more to see and do in Santa Fe. Each season brings something new to this lively city, so we look forward to welcoming you again at Inn of the Turquoise Bear!